An extra 210 units of the special edition all-black SL-1210GAE will be available globally.
Technics has been delivering epoch-defining Hi-Fi equipment; including speakers, amplifiers, and audio players – including its iconic turntables - worldwide since 1965.
This year, Technics releases the SL-1210GAE Limited Edition turntable to commemorate its 55th anniversary. This special model is based on the acclaimed SL-1200G hi-fi turntable, and features a desirable all-black colour scheme.
Since announcing the special edition by end of May, it has been well received by many customers and because we received such high request that exceeded our expectations, we have decided to increase the production of this model. By this way, we also would like to thank all our customers for the high interest in the SL-1210GAE Limited Edition model. As for the revised number of units, we have added 210 pieces to the original 1.000 limited units for a total of 1.210 units globally in order to match the already iconic model name. Regarding the special badge that is attached to this product, we will be preparing to add up to the serial No 1.210.
Technics SL-1210GAE, 55th Anniversary Limited Edition Model - exclusive specifications, in summary:
1. All-black color scheme
The SL-1210GAE’s 10mm thick aluminum top panel has a beautiful anodized black brushed finish. The operation buttons and tone arm share a high quality black finish – creating a uniform, premium appearance.
2. Special badge inscribed with a serial number
The SL-1210GAE is hand-crafted in Japan by skilled artisans - to ensure the highest possible quality. Each turntable’s top panel features a plaque, inscribed with a unique serial number to signify it is limited edition 55th anniversary model.
Additional, Technics SL-1210GAE product features:
- Coreless Direct Drive Motor - to eliminate cogging. Combined twin-rotor to enable a warm, high-level detailed sound from records.
- High-Precision Motor Control Technology - high starting torque and high speed stability for optimum playback
- Three-layered Turntable Platter - with a rigid brass top-plate; an aluminium die cast core platter and a solid rubber rear surface coating to eliminate unwanted resonance
- High-level Balance Adjustment - at the factory in Japan, using specialised high-precision equipment for each and every turntable
- High-Sensitivity Tone Arm - cold drawn lightweight magnesium for a high precision damping effect
- High-Quality Terminals - brass milled and gold-plated phono and ground terminals prevent degradation in sound quality
- Four-layered Cabinet Construction - combines high rigidity necessary for superb vibration damping with a superior solid build and a luxurious finish